Monday 11 May 2015

OUAN505 - Applied Animation - Post Production: Poster Design

OUAN505 - Poster Design:

As part of post-production, I decided to take on the role of making some posters to see which ones the class liked the most and if they had any feedback for us. I went for a graphic-type look with bold silhouettes and toned down, muted colours to mimic the happiness and groovy feel of the band.

I looked at current film posters for reference such as those of Inception, Interstellar, and a few others to get an idea of what layouts would work. I printed my two current designs out and hung them up for feedback. The feedback that we received was that the colours worked really nicely, the layout of the second poster was preferred as it looked more professional and legible (your eye was also drawn to it more easily and all the information was in one concise spot), and that instead of silhouettes as they weren't that easily recognisable, we should try photographing the band in the light box thing in room 203 as it might look more professional. We could then draw the faces on as in the actual animation.

Here are the two current designs I have created. I plan to make at least one more using the feedback given. I will then translate this onto a DVD box slip in the appropriate format.



We attempted different colourways of the second poster (one above), and it was discussed that lime green was a better match as you were able to see more of the detail in the design and it was clearer that they were meant to be fruits and not just a blue, unnatural pattern made to look like fruit. 



It was then decided that an unfinished yet more colourful poster design I had scrapped a while ago looked much better and was everyone's favourite oddly enough! So, I went back and refined it a little and asked everyone their opinions on how it looked and what needed to be added. We then went with this final design:



No comments:

Post a Comment