Wednesday 18 December 2013

OUAN405 - Process & Production: Animation Audio (Research)

After much debate over what audio I would plan to use in my animation, I decided that I would like to add some background music of some description. I knew that because of the setting, space, I would want something calming, almost surreal and ambient at the same time. I thought about creating my own on some music editing software such as Sibellius or GarageBand (the latter isn't as professional and I don't really favour it) but my schedule didn't have any room for a "Creating Backing Music" sort of task!

In the end, I stumbled upon a handy little website called FreePlay Music. http://www.freeplaymusic.com/browsemusic.aspx It was here that all of my music needs were satisfied and I spent happy hours listening to all kinds of music as I tried to picture and get a feel for which track worked the best. Eventually I found the perfect piece called Interstellar Aurora by FreePlay Music themselves from an album called Electronica Transmissions Volume 3.

In order to use this piece of music, which was free of course so long as the terms and conditions weren't breached, I had to agree to the rules that I would not use this music for any commercial use and that regarding I do not make any money off the track, I am free to use it as part of a composition online under the condition that the creator is credited. So, knowing that I wouldn't get into any trouble for using it, I decided on happily using a twenty second clip of that track.


No comments:

Post a Comment