Thursday 9 January 2014

OUAN405 - Process & Production: Keyframe by Keyframe VS Motion Path

OUAN405 - Process & Production:

In order to give my Revel planets a smooth orbit, Mat suggested that not only did I try my traditional method of keyframe by keyframe to get a precise and accurate movement of the planets around their orbit rings, but I could also try out using a motion path for a few of the planets to see which one worked best.

I found that it was a good piece of feedback as if by chance the motion paths looked better and worked just as efficiently, it would save me a lot of time and therefore give me a spare few precious hours to work on something else. According to my work schedule, I have only a week or so to go before the final animation needs to be finished. I really to crack on and find methods that save me time and effort!

In the end, I discovered that the motion paths worked much, much better. However, to give a more varied look and style (some jerky planets and some smooth ones would give more variation and look more appealing) I decided to use both methods.

I am really, really happy with how the orbits are turning out. Now, to get the rest of my animation done!

No comments:

Post a Comment