Friday 11 March 2016

OUAN603 - Extended Practice: Art in 60 Seconds Logo

OUAN603 - Extended Practice:

Art in 60 Seconds Logo

I had a go at quickly putting together a logo for my title cards, however I really, really dislike this as it looks shoddy and badly done, even though it's obvious that it is Dali's melting clock. I might aim for a more minimalist and graphic-designy logo with blocky colour and shapes. I may even try a hand at graphical-textual cohesion by merging text in with the logo somehow.

After much playing about with logo creation in Illustrator, I eventually came up with something simple and obvious. I wanted to incorporate art into the logo somehow, and make sure it was bright and reflected a learning environment well. I didn't want to aim for anything too "professional" or "office"-looking as the audience is young teens and not businessmen or big media companies after something innovative and unique.

 

The logo now features an art palette as a clock, which pretty much sums up the animations easily. It is recognisable and simple, and features some text underneath in a modern and easy-to-read font. This was later changed as the black font wasn't very distinguishable from the dark and busy backgrounds of the title cards, so the logo with the white and simpler text on the title card blog post is the final design simply for practicality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment