Saturday 10 January 2015

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Study Task 5: Making Faces

OUAN504 - Making Faces:

Due to a few hiccups in my work schedule and the slight inconvenience of being whisked away to the docs every five minutes, I was unable to get the work done of which I should have over the Christmas period. I'm surprised I'm not panicking, however all the more reason to try and attempt at least something during these difficult moments. On a brighter note, I have begun with some Maya work today, starting with good old study task 5 (Making Faces).

This took me about an hour to do, which wasn't long at all. I do think I could have improved a lot with the approach of my animating. For comedic value, I animated Moom's face to the sound of the horses neighing which in hindsight wasn't a great thing to do as it makes the animation look a little bit frantic and all over the place. The lip syncing was alright for a first attempt and I used plenty of phoneme reference from the internet, my sketchbook, and by looking in the mirror at my facial movements. The dope sheet I used before the Christmas break also came in handy!



This was a rather tedious task, though when I had finished, my reaction was certainly that of the GIF below.



No comments:

Post a Comment