Sunday 18 January 2015

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative: Final Crit (Group Feedback)

OUAN504 - Final Critique:

Despite not having any final outcome for the final critique, I thought it wise to at least bring something to the table, so to speak. I needed some feedback on the few, rough poses I had created for my initial animation starting point (or animatic).

After explaining that it was unfinished business and could do with many, many improvements already, I got a lot of valuable comments from the class. It was mentioned that my onion did indeed look more like a poo, (though I think that comment came from myself in a feeble attempt to try and be funny...) and that it needed a more rounded bottom. I do think that the onion could have been improved immensely as it did look more like a chestnut with a face!

The keyframes themselves could be worked on further as little things such as the hips on Moom could be looked at - more reference observations needed, Grace! I will also work on getting Moom's hands and face working again as I discovered after making my key poses that they were completely rigid and locked. Positive feedback from peers about some of the key poses looking fun and exaggerated was nice to hear, though on the pose where Moom is kicking the onion off the screen, it was mentioned that his leg should be fully extended, not partially. I also plan to do some of things that were mentioned to other members of the class as their improvements can be a good idea to take into account. For instance, using the graph editor to offset some of the tangents a little so that I can achieve smooth, realistic overlapping action.

All in all, I will try my hardest to get this project finished. It is incredibly fun and I am thoroughly enjoying my time with Moom and Maya, albeit frustrating. It is nice to know I am learning a new skill that can further my knowledge and understanding of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment