Monday 19 January 2015

OUAN503 - Responsive - Individual Practice: Interim Crit (Proposal Boards)

OUAN503 - Individual Practice:

Just before Christmas it was our duty to fully analyse the task in hand and take a good look at the brief in order to come up with a series of design boards of around 3-5. On A3 sheets we would present to our groups our initial ideas. For my project brief, I aimed to create a coffee innovation so that a younger audience would be more likely to try coffee. I identified that the main reason for disliking coffee was the bitter taste, so from personal experience coffee syrups were the way to go.

I came up with these three terribly thought out pitch boards as a starting point to give my team an idea of what I was trying to achieve. It was agreed that the designs were awful as they did not appeal to a younger demographic and looked a bit bland. The bottle labels were badly edited onto some images of bottles and didn't really give an idea of what I was aiming for.


My three festive choices actually didn't go down too well as although it had crossed my mind, peers and friends started commenting that it may not be suitable to have all three flavours in Christmas range as the festive period was long gone...


I looked at sizing for the regular rectangular-type labels, but after a quick mockup and others' feedback, maybe a wide selection of label sizes and shapes would be a good place to start. Colour-wise,  feedback was positive and it was said that I had thought about colour well as I was aiming for a "warm" vibe, which came across in my colour choices.


These labels were simply really bad mockups/compositions using royalty-free images found on the likes of Google. I used them only for demonstration purposes as I did want to go out and take my own photography for the labels. However, I didn't think photography would be the best medium of choice as it didn't look "fun" and audience relevant enough. Illustrated labels would probably be a better choice, so that's the next step. 



No comments:

Post a Comment