Monday 20 April 2015

OUAN503 - Responsive - Individual Practice: LoopDeLoop Storyboarding

OUAN503 - LoopDeLoop:

Seeing as there was not enough time to actually create my LoopDeLoop animation, I decided that the best option would be to create a storyboard and finish the animation as part of PPP instead to at least show that I am able to create it from my storyboard. Having to juggle lots of modules and work around along with personal life and events is quite difficult so I will at least get a storyboard churned out for this brief.

After waiting a week for the bimonthly theme to be released, 'Gravity' was decided on. I feel this is a very strong theme that can spawn lots of ideas and possible animations. I wrote down everything that came to mind as soon as I read the word gravity and came up with a long list of ideas from things that could happen in space to animations that could possibly break the laws of gravity here on Earth. I wanted to go for cute and quirky as I usually find this is appealing to a younger audience. I thought about creating a couple (at most as I didn't want to overcrowd such a short animation) of characters that would instantly be funny and loveable that would some way interact with the environment to show how gravity affects them.

It took a long while to think of what objects would look successful if animated in space until I finally thought about how toasters and toast would react on the moon. Toast could make for an interesting couple of characters and the toaster could act as a propeller of animation - it would trigger the event which would then turn into a loop.

My final idea is that a toaster will be featured on the moon of which will then 'ping' and release two slices of toast of which will float into space and proceed to put on helmets whilst flailing their arms around helplessly. As they put on the helmets they will float up and off the screen as a new 'moon' is shown with another toaster on it. They take off the helmets and float back into the toaster on the new moon. This will then loop. I have the ability to show gravity whilst adding humour.







No comments:

Post a Comment