Monday 7 October 2013

OUAN403 - Animation Skills - Explore: "Angry Animator", The Inspiration of my Walk Cycles

OUAN403 - Animation Skills:

So, today we had great fun learning how to make flippin' awesome flip books! Not only was it thoroughly enjoyable, I found it to be a great stepping stone across the vast pond that is animation. I learned that broken down, squash and stretch isn't all that tedious and difficult and that - given a few fair hours - animating a walk cycle given just a pad and paper is slowly becoming second nature.

Given this opportunity, I decided to practice one of my favourite animation techniques - walk cycles. I had immense fun learning how to animate these via a computer over the summer holidays in preparation for this course. Now it was time to put those poses onto paper!



I learned how to draw such difficult poses with ease - I know well that most animators' least favoured task is walk cycles - thanks to a really helpful online tutorial by a man I can only describe as the "Angry Animator". I found this easy, broken down tutorial on a great website called "Idleworm"; a quirky site dedicated to all things drawing, animation and cartoons! I thank Angry Animator once again for teaching me how to apply these techniques onto paper and PC. Happy animating!



This short animation I made after being inspired by Angry Animator was created by using pose to pose animation, we we have previously studied as a group. It was created by drawing everything out frame by frame and then piecing it all together to form the final animation. I drew each frame out in Art Rage 3 (my trusty little piece of software that always comes in handy!) and then shoved it all together in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive