Monday 28 October 2013

OUAN403 - Animation Skills - Explore: Flippety Doo Dah!

OUAN403 - Animation Skills:

After putting together a few flip book animations of my own, I later found this beautiful video from a French company called the Commando Group who decided on their final logo through the use of a flip book. So, I learned that a flip book not only has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and entertaining, but it can also serve a cold, hard purpose.

It can certainly show a fast-paced change between many decisions on possible outcomes, but it can also allow you to decide on what looks best whilst viewing hundreds of other images at the same time, thus allowing you to make a quick and informed choice.

I had a go practicing with mine. I tried squash and stretch animations using bouncing balls, tennis rackets and even a walk cycle! I particularly like this company's flip book animation as it shows a change over time of their decisions. There's a very real story going on over what logo they were going to decide upon. It's not JUST a short little story of a character running down a road or anything like that, it's a business decision. I do love imagination-based stories like the aforementioned, I just like this contrast in what the purpose actually is.




Flip Book Animation from Commando Group on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive