Tuesday 8 October 2013

OUAN403 - Animation Skills - Identify: Satoshi Tajiri's "Pokémon"

OUAN403 - Animation Skills:

At around the age of 6, I was treated to a top of the range invention that had only just hit the shops. My mother gifted me with a Gameboy Colour which was the height of gaming technology at the time. I will never part with this beautiful device as it has brung me much joy over the years despite the many other contraptions that have come and gone. Despite collecting many great games for the Gameboy, my all time favourite was Pokémon: Leaf Green. With it's pixelated graphics and catchy computer-generated music, I simply wouldn't put that game down!

Soon afterwards, Pokémon had become a popular television show. I was certainly one of the first of my friends to become addicted to this fun and inspiring animation and because of it's imaginatively created creatures - which are simply adorable! - and overly exaggerated facial expressions and so forth, I knew that was what I wanted to get involved with when I grew up.

I researched everything to do with how Pokémon was created, the story behind it's creation and even looked into character designs and concept art for the creatures themselves. I soon became immensely involved in the Anime and Manga animation style and since then have never given up on the dream of wanting to animate something as wonderful and as inspirational as Pokémon.

 Pokémon: Leaf Green (1996) from Gamatoes.com

Pokémon: X and Y (2013/14) from Gengame.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive