Saturday 22 February 2014

OUAN406 - A Tale in The Sting: Storyboards and Animatics

OUAN406 - Storyboards and Animatics:

After a spending an entire day getting my ideas down into storyboards and then finally working out the timings for each shot/scene/keyframe, I was relieved that I had managed to get things working at last and figure out how things were going to work, what methods I would use, what techniques would work best etc.

I spent around 8/10 hours getting all of this done and still have a fair amount of character designs to do. I know how I will tackle the voice acting for my E4 ident as a very kind third-year offered to do the voices for my E4 girl. (Not to mention she has the perfect voice for the job!) I thought about what sound effects would work for the Discovery ident (soft, ambient noise such as crickets, chirping and wind blowing of wind) and I think it would be easily possible to get a free clip of such sounds off the web given some time.

For the Cbeebies ident, I was thinking of similar sounds to that of Discovery's however I think something a little more upbeat given the audience would be more appropriate. Short clips of a lion roaring and monkey screaming would need to be found as I don't know anyone possible that can make these noises accurately! The E4 ident will also have a short scene where she fights the monster which will require some form of music such as Japanese pop music/battle music etc. I will have to browse around for this.

The storyboards consist of few panels to be honest as not only are they each ten seconds long, but some aren't as dynamic and animated as others. The panels range from 6-8 with E4 having the most as it contains a fight scene that consists of more shots and angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment