Monday 10 February 2014

OUAN406: A Tale in The Sting: What has Informed My Ideas?

OUAN406: What has Informed My Ideas?

Cbeebies has a very strong consistency of using the little, yellow blobs in each of their idents. I wanted to break free from this as I felt it was overused and although it may seem popular and well-loved by many children, I feel that something equally as appealing could replace these blobs. Something with more character and more emotion, not just a bunch of blobs bouncing around randomly! Cbeebies' idents informed my decision of changing the use of the blobs and going for a shared interest in all children: animals and wildlife.

My E4 ident was again, informed by their previous idents. I browsed their site for idents that won their annual competition and the ones that didn't win, the reasons why maybe they didn't quite make it and the reasons why the winners' entries were so strong. The strengths of all the winners were that they were hilarious, innovative, fun and just plain crazy! E4 like creativity by the looks of it, and I planned to use popular culture to benefit me (for once!) by using an anime style with cheesy attacks and a big E4 monster! Godzilla may have a vaguely informed by decision of the narrative as the ident in general is Japanese-themed and the idea of a giant monster ravaging through the city is probably connected to Godzilla in some way. I may watch clips of Godzilla as reference.

The Discovery ident ideas were informed by their content on the channel: wildlife, nature, animals, adventure. By featuring an animal (yet to be decided fully) going on a brave adventure across the screen filled with tall grass then finally pouncing on the logo (its prey), I would be relating the ident to their programmes and feel it would be a good representation of their channel instead of merely confining the ident and animation to the sphere/logo and not allowing any animation to roam the rest of the screen. By including the logo actively in the narrative, it would seem fun and friendly and not completely serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment