Wednesday 5 February 2014

OUAN406 - A Tale in The Sting: References

OUAN406 - References:

For the E4 ident, I plan to look at the way anime as an animation style is created. How anime animators get their characters looking so fluid with those clean, crisp lines and cel-shadings. I will watch references that also perform mockeries of Japanese otaku culture such as Princess Robot Bubblegum parodies from GTA IV. I will also use reference when creating my characters and plan to base them around cute, maid-like warriors such as those from Tokyo Mew Mew or Cardcaptor Sakura. I will also watch more E4 idents to see if there is a possibility that I can make my logo more 3D looking as he needs to look gargantuan in comparison to my female warrior. I will also watch anime where beams of light are being shot. Dragonball, Naruto, Tokyo Mew Mew and maybe some video games such as Tekken would be good reference for this.

For the Discovery ident, I will obviously need to look very carefully at how lions move, run, pounce and attack their prey as this will be the predominant bit of animation in my ident. I will need to observe how leaves flutter when they are thrown into the air, such as when a pile of autumn leaves are jumped into by children. I will focus on the way grass sways in the wind, also. I already have fair knowledge on how pendulums swing when hit by a force, but a little more learning about them won't hurt my animation.

Lastly, the Cbeebies ident will require me to look at how animals creep up on their prey whilst in hiding. i will study how animals walk and will have to look at a few considering I will choose to animate at least three animals. I also need to observe how my chosen animals sit and perform small animals characteristics like scratching themselves and twitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment