Thursday 27 February 2014

OUAN406 - A Tale in The Sting: Cbeebies Reference

OUAN406 - Cbeebies Reference:

After a fellow animation student (Alex) showed me this beautiful showreel of animations by a woman named Tracey Chung on Vimeo, we both quickly discovered that the style of her animation was very similar to that of my potential Cbeebies ident. However, this was using 2D computerised animation methods in comparison to mine of which would be cutout animation. It was nice to see and compare styles as I can now get a glimpse of what my animated ident would look like if I had opted for a computerised 2D technique.

I love the use of colour and shapes, however mine uses more rounded shapes as it is more child friendly and softer colours so not to agitate them too much. Hers is very playful animation whereas mine is very laid back and subtle.



Tracey Chung - 2D Animation Showreel from Tracey Chung on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment