Tuesday 16 December 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative: Modelling Props (The Guitar)

OUAN504 - Modelling Props:

After a good few weeks of focusing on other modules, I have decided that it is maybe a wise idea to start modelling my props for the Moom animation as it is scheduled on my planning sheet to make a good start round about now. This will probably take a good week if I do this properly and get some good practice in animation alongside modelling the props.

My first task was a guitar for Moom. I used a simple image plane as a basis of reference to model from. I could then look at this image in order to guide me when creating shapes. I then used the same image of the guitar to create a UV texture and apply it onto the model. I admit, it looks terrible, but I have gained valuable skills in applying textures to my models and will hopefully this technique over the years. I am thoroughly enjoying model-making (not so much the animation side however!) and hope to continue 3D modelling in the future and as a hobby.

Here are some shots of my guitar. I admit that the texture wasn't fabulous and it was a rather lazy way of applying the texture to my model (applied image to model which meant it was duplicated or rather wrapped around the back showing the same image from the front on the back also!), however it was the quickest and most appropriate thing to do as in my animation, you won't see the back of the guitar of which Moom will be holding.




No comments:

Post a Comment