Tuesday 11 November 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Study Task 3: Strike A Pose (Posing Moom)

OUAN504 - Strike A Pose:

As part of Strike A Pose (Study Task 3), we were asked to pose Moom in the same positions as the ones we had taken photos of ourselves doing. The aim was to be able to practice with Moom and understand how he worked, as well as learning about how our own bodies work and how we must pay attention to detail as certain things such as pressure on joints must be taken into account when posing characters.

I spent a good few hours playing around with Moom, trying to get him into some form of acceptable pose that looked vaguely like the ones I had previously done to represent the five chosen emotions. I went for ones that could be exaggerated in an over-the-top fashion, and ones that could be exaggerated with subtlety so that it would be more of challenge for me. Here are my finished Mooms. I do plan to get some more practice in before my Acting Up sequence as some of my poses could easily be improved.

Anxiety



 Confusion



 Exhaustion



 Fear



 Shame



No comments:

Post a Comment