Friday 14 November 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Study Task 4: What A Dope

OUAN504 - What A Dope:

In order to correctly map out mouth movements and facial expressions, we had to fill out "dope sheets" that enabled us to plan out the animation, staying in time with the sound we had chosen for our animations. Dope sheets are a completely new concept for me, even though I have actually done similar processes in the past as part of pre production. I think they are very effective and will work nicely for me as I have a bad habit of "just going with it" and hoping for the best when it comes to lip syncing.

I will use Maya to import one of the sounds we were given so that I can see the frame on which certain phonemes will need to be expressed by Moom. We will be working at twelve frames per second to make the process easier and to allow us to get used to this method of pre production. I believe that dope sheets will keep me more organised and I would like to use them more often in as many modules as possible as it will certainly save time in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment