Saturday 7 February 2015

OUAN505 - Applied Animation - Research/Pre-Production: Roles & Responsibilities

OUAN505 - Roles & Responsibilities:

To make this work, I needed a plan of action. Who would be doing what and how can we save time and possibly wasted effort? I came up with a rough plan of how things would work out so that this project wouldn't be too much work with too little time.

I would do my best to create the set, with advice and feedback from anyone who wished to give their opinions. This would take a couple of weeks at the most, but lots of effort would need to be put in in order to make sure the set looked realistic enough. At the same time, model making would need to be done. I planned to do this on my own mostly, but would ask any possible modellers if they wished to help with the modelling and armatures of my fruits and veggies. Also, instruments would need to be made to fir the size of the characters, so this would need to be worked out. I had my hopes on making the drum kit as that could feature the logo of the band (of which I will blog about later).

When it comes to animating, I am not much of an animator but am willing to give it my best shot. Seeing as there will be a good number of characters to animate (I aim for five, as I will talk about later), input from any animators would be fantastically helpful and I would be very grateful for the input as it would allow them to show something for their portfolio. David kindly offered (though I need to make sure he's still up for it) to direct and man the camera and lighting for this project, as well as do the whopping huge task of 2D animation lip syncing and facial expression. This is a huge weight off my shoulders having help from others and I am incredibly thrilled that we'll have others working on this.

Myself and my partner, Nathan, will be working on the music production. That means choosing a suitable song, changing the lyrics to fit the purpose and audience. After this stage of which may take a week or so, I will ask for any volunteers in the singing department. If there are none, then it will just be me with Nathan possibly working on backing vocals, harmonies, and adding in some extra guitar chords over the top in an attempt to make the music "thicker". I will research copyright issues with using pre-recorded karaoke backing tracks first and if this is an issue then Nathan kindly offered to play the whole song from scratch, working on each part then layering the sounds up to create a full song.

For post-production, I will be working on this with any other volunteers. Input would be gladly received as other opinions on things like sound volume and so forth would be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive