Friday 6 February 2015

OUAN505 - Applied Animation - Research/Pre-Production: Thoughts About Style

OUAN505 - Thoughts About Style:

My overall ideas about style and what I would like the overall animation to look like - I am currently talking about the song animation that I would like to create with possible help from others - is that I wish to aim for some stop-motion animation using little plasticine vegetables and creatures. I would also like to incorporate some Photoshop and possible After Effects into this to get some lip syncing involved and some effects. 

Here are some initial reference images of the style I would like to aim for. I also wish to create a small but simple set for my vegetables to sing and dance on. A more hands on approach might really appeal to me and seeing as it is fairly new to me, I feel like it might be that experimentation that I need to find something that I'm good at finally. I have struggled with all other forms of animation so far so this one might come as a pleasant surprise. I hope it is more successful than my Cbeebies ident from last year.

Here are some lovely little creation from Andrea Manzati.

I wish to create some models like the ones above, using techniques that I learned from last year where I create milliput eyeballs with little holes in them so I can rotate the eyes to create expressions. If this fails and I find it doesn't work so well, I may even use Photoshop to create the facial expressions. I did have a thought of using plastic vegetables but it wouldn't really work too well as I wanted to give them arms and legs and little personalities without being too perfect and manufactured. 

My goals for this week is to create some small test models and sketches of what I wish for them to look like. I will also research some songs and change the lyrics whilst looking up facts and information relating to the subject. I may try and create some armatures if I can and focus on getting these eyeballs created to initially see if they work. A storyboard is also on the agenda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive