Friday 6 February 2015

OUAN505 - Applied Animation - Research/Pre-Production: My Initial Ideas

OUAN505 - My Initial Ideas:

Despite coming together as part of group, I still had high hopes on creating a song based around the idea of eating healthily, a vegan diet, myths about food, the scary truths about food and so forth. I wanted to audience to be around 12-18 years as catchy food-related songs were always shown at our high school and were very popular. They always stuck in our heads simply because of the song aspect and the animation side.

I think the "truth about our foods" would be a very interesting approach as it would allow me to open peoples' minds up to the truths without having the harsher side of live action. Cruelty to animals through use of live action has such a harsh impact on people and especially school-age children. Not only are certain videos too extreme and graphic to be shown in schools, but they aren't going to stick in your mind for reasons other than shock factor. Animation would be a more subtle yet entertaining way of getting their attention and would be acceptable to be shown in schools to that age range.

However, I didn't want to aim form something sinister and "conspiracy-theory-esque". My aim is to create an entertaining animation, quite possibly stop motion (See Meet The Raisins below), paired up with a catchy ballad or rap of some description. I would probably find a piece of music/song that has already been created by an artist, one of which is common knowledge and popular. I would then focus on changing the lyrics, adding in facts and figures to subliminally help the message stick in peoples' minds, then recreate the song in a style suitable for the animation (i.e rock/pop/electronic). A popular song would help in making the animation more relatable and recognisable.


Meet the raisins has a very distinct style of stop-motion. I like the aesthetics of this piece. This is directed by Will Vinton and Barry Bruce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive