Thursday 5 March 2015

OUAN503 - Responsive - Collaborative Practice: Concept Character Designs

OUAN503 - Concept Character Designs:




To start our responsive brief, I had a go at getting a base character designed using reference from my Pinterest boards (other artists' tutorials and work). However, after much consideration it was decided that it wasn't a very realistic character and looked rather 'manga-fied' which is a horrible habit I need to break out of. I tried creating a more voluptuous figure to suit what I thought would be a decent character, however I didn't really feel it was working and we both decided not to go with it. It was valuable practice and allowed for some colouring and shading work too. I learned a little bit about shadowing techniques and put it all down to experience and thought it would be best to move on and scrap that idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive