Saturday 21 March 2015

OUAN505 - Applied Animation - Production: Band Logos Part One

OUAN505 - Band Logos Part One:

Ad part of establishing a well-known band brand, we needed to create a cheesy-looking logo that fit in with an 80s theme. I looked up some popular band logos like The Beatles and decided to create a similar one just for reference. I looked at 80s colour schemes and eventually came up with some of these small examples. I will message these to the group to see what their suggestions are in order to move forwards and get these logos sorted as soon as possible.

My personal favourite is the 'Beatles-esque' logo alongside the vinyl record logo as it looks futuristic and very pop-cultured. I like simplicity over all other aspects of logo-design so I reckon that these two might be the most successful among the group due to ease of visibility on stage and lack of complication which is an advantage when displaying these on the drum kit. I measured out the size of the drum kit for accuracy before creating the logos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive