Friday 24 October 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Study Task 1 - Modelling Skills: Do It Yourself

OUAN504 - Animated Strawberry:

After creating my simple strawberry from the last session, I decided that it was time to test some animation using nonlinear deformers such as twists, bends, and squashes. I wanted to mess about and learn what exactly I could achieve with these amazing tools. I find them incredibly fun to use and give really nice effects to my animation.

I added several of these nonlinear deformers to the strawberry and set myself the task of making the wackiest shapes possible with the challenge of having to finish each of these silly overly exaggerated movements with the strawberry returning to its original form and shape. I thought it looked quite interesting and I wish to pursue my love of "mental" and nonsensical animation through using Maya. This could have some potential as it could be used for synchronising animation to audio.

Regardless of my experimenting and how strange my test animations seem, I have learned a lot and I believe that part of the learning process is to push boundaries of normality and make unusual things to stand out from the norm. You have more potential if you're willing to experiment, possibly be made fun of, and maybe even experience a few failures. All this will lead to some great animation in the end, hopefully...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive