Friday 31 October 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Acting Up - Hey Now, All Star: Reference Acting

OUAN504 - Reference Acting:

In order to get down some basic poses for Moom for my chosen lyrics, I decided to act out some positions for each mini scene of the performance. The first scene features Moom talking to an onion, of which is one of the props. He explains that "somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me" and so forth. Moom grabs an axe and looks shocked as if he didn't expect it, he only wanted a sharp object to imitate "ain't the sharpest tool in the shed"! He throws the axe off in a terrified state as Moom moves onto the next scene. He acts out the finger and thumb on "her forehead" until he finally kicks the onion off the screen and grabs a basketball ready for the chorus.

After throwing the basketball off the screen also, he then grabs a guitar to strum on for a few seconds before chucking it off again and spinning around amongst "shooting stars". Close ups of his face allow you to see the happiness in his eyes and smile before the scene fades out.

I wasn't a huge fan of some of my acting in the first two parts. However, I tried to improve on my lack of emotion and performance skills by exaggerating a little harder and slowing down a bit as I find that when I panic, I speed up! I needed to relax a little, so I took a breather and tried again. I was slightly more fond of the last attempt as I improved on the last scene, making sure I kicked the onion off the scene and directed the last bit of speech at the camera, the audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive