Friday 31 October 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Acting Up: Thumbnailing & Initial Poses

OUAN504 - Initial Poses:


To start off with getting some ideas down for Character and Narrative, I began by sketching out some initial poses. These thumbnails make it easier to get a storyboard together, thus allowing me to have some form of reference instead of just going in for the kill, creating a storyboard from thin air, without any proof of concept. Thumbnails are a great way of jotting ideas down in a way that makes sense to you.







After my thumbnails, I thought about how many props I would need for Moom to interact with. There are five in total, listed below. There will be roughly one for each major pose/scene. I will watch some tutorials in order to help me model these as I'm certain they will be a challenge. I aim to create at least two a week, though that might be a bit difficult with other modules going on. 

Not many people have put much thought into backgrounds as far as I know, so I thought maybe it was time to start thinking about potential backgrounds. A fairytale scenario would be ideal as the song is featured on Shrek and I wish to give Moom some ogre ears to accompany the song lyrics.

I could always reuse my bokeh/sparkle background from my E4 Kawaii Girl ident created last year as pink and green would go nicely together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive