Friday 31 October 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative - Study Task 3: Strike A Pose

OUAN504 - Strike A Pose:

- Fear

Although this pose was rather difficult to obtain, I finally managed to get some form of fear into my pose. I remember this pose from a particular online game I used to play as a child where your character's pose ended up similar to this when showing fear. The hands are bunched up, tucked in, with the leg pulled up to the body as if in retreat. The larger image is the one I finally decided on.



- Anxiety

I wouldn't really know how to express anxiety in an overly exaggerated manner anyway, but I guess it would be similar to this as it's incredibly stressful to suffer from anxiety, let alone have to try and express it in a pose! It's a sort of consuming feeling, where all you want to do is tear your hair out and hide away. So, grabbing your head as if to make it go away is the only way I could portray it...

 

- Confusion

The larger of the three images is the chosen one as I feel that the angle and proximity is a little better than the others. Even though the second, smaller one is closer and easier to spot the pose, my eyes were closed and I feel that confusion isn't really anxiety or fear, it's simply confusion.




- Shame

If you're shameful, you usually put your head in your hands, or slap your forehead in stupidity. The one on the left is better as you can see my face more without all the hair.

 








- Exhaustion

The left pose is by far better as it's really exaggerated in comparison to the lying down pose. Lying down is a bit lazy really and although you might really do that when exhausted, panting, hands on hips after a mile-long sprint is full of character and funny! You'd really imagine a character doing this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive