Friday 10 October 2014

OUAN504 - Character & Narrative: Maya & Moom

OUAN504 - Learning Maya:

Today we were briefly introduced to Maya using a pre-rigged character that goes by the name of Moom. Despite having lemon curd tarts for eyes and the goofiest set of teeth I have possibly ever come across, he's an adorable little guy that has really helped me get a grasp of Maya and the basics (ironically, nothing seems basic as of yet!) I'll need to create 3D animation.

I had a play around using the scale, rotate and translate tools. It very much reminded me on being in my maths class, playing with graphs, moving objects and just solving problems in general. I had some great fun trying out some test animation on the timeline, making Moom partake in some badass karate moves, do a little ballet and even a few football kicks in the process! I managed to make the fingers move successfully and I'm not striving towards actually making my own character at some point with working limbs and facial expressions.


My next plan of action is to start learning how to make a prop in Maya for Moom to use for this brief. I had some ideas that relate to some of my songs (of which I plan to narrow down to one eventually) and had some vague thoughts on what I could use for props for Moom to use, such as a giant happy onion, a shadow, etc. I plan to get some decent ideas together and sketch out some storyboards until I have a final plan of action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive