Thursday 13 March 2014

OUAN404 - Visual Language: Observe, Explore and Consider

OUAN404 - Observe, Explore and Consider:

Although we were asked to document and record the world around us, which personally I have great difficulty doing as most of the ideas I get pop up from nowhere or are at least inspired by the world, but end up looking nothing like what I was inspired by, I decided to try my best to at least find the time to do some sketchbook work. You can see some of my work on my PPP blog as I find it hard finding the time to upload photos of my work.

Mostly, I draw characters that friends have asked me to do or something has inspired me to make a character etc. Sometimes I'll create scenery, buildings, creatures and so forth. It's difficult finding the time with so much work going on and still trying to fit in what mere social life I have at this point.

However, I think that making time for at least one drawing a week is good as if you stop drawing, you do eventually lose your skill and so many of my family members who wanted to pursue art as a career simply couldn't because they never had time to improve upon those skills. Bit of an odd blog post, but in my humble opinion, sketchbook time is me time, and me time is good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive