Thursday 13 March 2014

OUAN404 - Visual Language: Set, Series, Sequence

OUAN404 - Set, Series, Sequence:

Following on from my eight images, I attempted to create a short animation of a spider's daily life. It featured a little spider sitting on a bowl of fruit then suddenly he discovers a female spider on the edge of the table directly below him. Their eyes glisten and wobble as they get excited to see each other and immediately fall in love. The camera flashes backwards and forwards between their eyes, zooming in further and further until you're completely captivated in the moment when BAM! A huge fly swat comes down on the lady spider completely shattering the moment. It was only an experiment and didn't turn out great anyway. I did this animation in a traditional style with a thick, black marker and paper. The marker didn't give a nice line and smudged often anyway. I just wanted to try something with my images to see if I could grab a few final straws of inspiration. I gave up on the animation and decided not to scan it in.

I then decided it would probably be better if I went on to do some form of storyboard (which was part of the study task anyway) based off my eight images. I still held onto the idea of a spider's life though. Although this time I could incorporate some more texture and different uses of media and paper. I hated the same old boring "black marker on white paper" trap that I always fell into...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive