Thursday 6 March 2014

OUAN406: A Tale in The Sting: Cutout Testing

OUAN406 - Testing:

Recently, Cassie and I from the animation group both decided to kill many birds with one stone by doing our testing together in order to see what techniques worked the best when we were animating by stop motion. We wanted to check for a few vital things: would the paper/card slide off the background too easily thus needing some form of adhesive or background with more friction, and would the card bend and tear easily as I cut the pieces out using scissors instead of a scalpel which would give a smoother and cleaner cut?

We spent a good four hours in the mezzanine trying to come to terms with the equipment (rostrum and camera, Dragonframe and old Mac) and then finally getting a practice six seconds worth of footage. We played about with subtle movements, doubling up on frames, facial expressions, blinking, twitching and the animals moving off the frame. I certainly had fun and saw this method to be successful and fun and would like to use this for my ident. However, I need to test a few other methods (I plan to try out Adobe After Effects to see if there's a difference in overall feel and whether I prefer it or not).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive