Thursday 13 March 2014

OUAN404 - Visual Language: Spaces and Places

OUAN404 - Spaces and Places:

The first two places I chose were outdoor as I mentioned earlier. I technically chose three outdoor as I did a couple of extra drawings of my aunt's garden in Skelmersdale (a small town just off Liverpool which isn't really much to look at but gives that raw, gritty feel of a run-down town). My main outdoor places were Knaresborough river and Liverpool city centre. I did various drawings of my aunt's plants in the garden, her Buddhism mural and sculptures, water fountain and stone tiling. All of which had magnificent colours that even stood out in winter as they were just so beautiful. My aunt is very precise and logical about colour scheme and loves lots of oranges, browns and creamy colours.

Liverpool city centre was a lot less colourful but was a lot more interesting as I had the opportunity to draw the big wheel (ferris wheel), radio tower and some other various bits of scenery. Knaresborough river is very close to my hometown, Harrogate. It was only a bus rise away and has always been one of my favourite places as it it just so beautiful and peaceful. You could sit there a whole day and draw without an ounce of bother from anyone. The river itself looked great in watercolours, but it was very time consuming to paint every detail, so pencil sketches had to make do for some examples. The third place I drew was actually the inside of current flat. Now, it may not be the best choice but actually I wanted to draw my flat as it has sharp corners and very harsh lines in comparison to my other choices which were very curvy and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive